Reading that shapes thinking

It was OASPA's Conference on Open Scholarship, Peer Review Week, and then COPE's Publication Integrity Week. Starting 23rd October, will be International Open Access Week

Too much networking... 😫  
I needed a detox between very socially active weeks. So, I turned to reading. 
I read on themes that piqued my interest after thinking about the way in which scholarly publishing has been changing in recent years. 📖

This week's only post (this one) is a listicle... but my thoughts have been brewing for more to come. In the mean time, here's what has been keeping me occupied.


General writing/thinking:

On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction

Thinking, Fast and Slow

Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole 

 

Peer review and critical thinking:

The Peer Review Process - A Complete Guide

Redefining Healthcare Through Blockchain: The Next Era of Medical Innovation

Why should I do a peer review?


And you? What has been in your radar as insightful and actively thought-provoking reading? For me, the next will be 👇

Revolting Women: Why midlife women are walking out, and what to do about it 

How AI Shapes the future of Critical Thinking

Have you any suggestions? What do you think about open access, critical thinking, and expressing complex concepts through simple writing? 👀

Comments

Leave a comment!

How to spot fake reviewers: a beginner's guide

Auditing published papers (part I)

IMHO: why open science should adopt double anonymous peer review